Menghitung hari

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Une Bonne Education

Bismillahirahmanirahim...

(I guess I'm addicted to these cute Minuscule videos)




One fine day (I can't exactly remember when) around this month, watched the news and there, one of Malaysia's leader said that they will use new ways and methods in approaching the youngsters today. One of the reason is due to the rise of criminal cases and problems they involved in.

What methods? Is it again concerts, shows, gigs, reality shows, weird fashions? It is what I observe nowadays.

Or by encouraging mat rempit by making a circuit (litar lumba) for them? I just giggled to myself upon hearing this. Mat rempit is not the same as KL Grand Prix Motor Sport. I bet Valentino Rossi and Schumacher themselves doesn't go around the city on their big bikes and endangering others on the road. Carrying around 'girlfriend' that shall be used as a 'payment or reward' for their racing, making noises late in the night. Still want to make a special racing circuit for them? Ada idea tak nak buat litar untuk bas? Without the passengers on board. *sigh*

It is a good idea if they are planning to organize motivation camp that is packed with the element of ruuh or ibadah. They could also make a campaign (and SHOW EXAMPLE) to encourage youngsters to perform solat and other related ibadah at the mosque, tadabbur Al- Qur'an, respect others and themselves.

"Sesungguhnya jihad yang paling susah adalah melawan hawa nafsu diri sendiri"

Being in the field of education for almost 5 years (including my part time teachings) made me aware the importance of showing good examples. I know that students like to observe their teacher- what we wear, our style of presentation, how we speak. What's more if its the persons closest to themselves such as their parents and family members.

There are 24 hours in a day-7 hours only students spend their time in school. What about the remaining 17 hours? Most probably at home right?.

I once wrote about what my lecturer, Dr Haslina said. She told the class that a child's education begun the moment on how mum and dad met.

A sahabah once met the Prophet S.A.W to complain about his son's bad manners and adab. The Prophet S.A.W then said that that particular sahabah had chosen the wrong mother for the son.

(muhasabah diri sat...)

And my mum said what the father did during pregnancy also influences a child's attitude and manners. And later how parents educate their children during their childhood years. Did they just leave the responsibilities to the hands of child-care centers or a bibik and return back from work when the kids are already asleep?

Another important factor in a child's education and tarbiyyah is food. What they consume-halal toyyiba. Scientifically and from the religious aspect. What did a kid eat, how did his/ parents obtain or prepares it, did the child remember (or did his parents teach him the related adabs of eating)? Are the food healthy and nutritious? Me myself...could count how many glasses of carbonated drinks I consumed each year. 1-2 glasses the most. Not really glasses. Just few sips.

I am also really thankful to mum for not teaching us (me and sister) to eat junk foods (the Javanese said: Jajan). Until now, I only eat pieces of asam/ jeruk just to merasa. Want a more finger licking food? Don't forget dashes of sincerity, salawat, and observe your prayers and ibadah.

Would I be the best educator for my kids?

Une Bonne Education- French words meaning: A Good Education.

A kind reminder to my self.

Allah Knows Best.

3 comments:

TheHumbleWayfarer said...

Assalamu'alaikum,
Yes, what we need is Une Bonne Education =)

the mother and the father's akhlak do influence the child. It goes back to the time when they were not even married yet (if im not mistaken).InsyaAllah, let us pray that Allah would give us a soleh/solehah husaband/wife..Ameen !

TheHumbleWayfarer said...

another tiny little creature =)

Humaira Xai said...

Yup...its goes back to when both parents were 'young'.

Those videos mainly have educational msgs in them. Hope to keep it for my kids to watch in the future...(ikut perangai mak :) )