Menghitung hari

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Of money & dreams

(encik, ini saya cuba tulis dlm bi... sila jgn ketawa)

Bismillahirahmanirahim...

Few minutes ago I open my Sunsweet Pitted Prune tub coin box (oh...i just love making coin boxes out of any containers I found) to count how much I have deposited in there- a job that I left for ages!! Alhamdulillah...that is all I can say after finished counting. Even it is still not enough to cover the whole trip to Mecca (that would surely need thousands of tubs more- I guess), at least I've tried to start saving. The next step would be putting those little pieces of metals in my Tabung Haji account to allow rooms for new batches of coins.

Last month, mama brought me and my sister to register for our hajj trip to Mecca and the expected year for us is in the year 2032. Wow!!! What a long wait. Then, the first question that popped out of my mouth was "Ma, what if I want to go with my husband (and probably-kids)?''. Luckily that Tabung Haji allowed its contributors to make appeal.

Performing Hajj in Mecca is the 5th principle in the Pillars of Islam and going to Mecca is the dream of every Muslims. My parents went for umrah last January and I overlooked my mid-semester break dates. Nevermind. Maybe it is not yet my rizqi to go there yet. ('',).

Talking about money is a never ending story. Money is definitely needed for each and everything that we do- even to pay a visit to the washroom needs a minimum payment of 20 cents.

The most important thing about money is I guess the source- from where and how we obtain it. Islam do stresses on this matter as from money (especially to family breadwinners), we use it to buy foods, clothes to wear, fuel for our cars and etc. Food would be part of our flesh and blood, clothes is to cover our aurah and cars to take us to school and workplace.

Imagine if the money is not from a good source- such as money laundering, bribery, theft, and snatch theft. Then, we buy food to feed our kids using those money. A parent could not expect his/ her kids to have 100% good akhlaq or we ourselves to feel calm and serene in performing ibadah to The Creator as the bloods pumping from our heart is fed from haram sources. Nauzubillahmin zaliq.

Insya Allah when I've entered career world, I am targeting to put aside some of the income for few uses. Particularly to cover for my insurance funds, Tabung Haji, health and emergency account. When blessed with kids, I'm hoping to save for their milk and diapers (expensive ok), education and also health.

Allah knows best...

Mama to Amani Syifaa' (year 20xx)

Entry full of dreams...

2 comments:

TheHumbleWayfarer said...

Assalamu'alaikum,

hehe. I wonder who is that encik down there. =P Nice try. keep up writing in english. I'm sure you can. anyway, you have BIg-bIg dreams. insyAllah, may Allah give you the best in life.ameen ^_^

Humaira Xai said...

Wa'alaikumsalam...

Hrm...Siapa agaknya encik tu ya? =p
Dreams are important, as to set targets & goal in our life. Missions