Menghitung hari

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Monday, October 4, 2010

Convocation 2010: The Day

Bismillahirahmanirahim...

DAY BEFORE (SATURDAY: 02-10-2010)

8:30am- 2:00pm

Alhamdulillah the school management gave me a day off as actually this particular Saturday the school held TKRS (the kawad-perkhemahan thing) test for standard 6 students and I am not involved. So, early in the morning, around 8am I took the bus from my rumah sewa here and off to IIUM (macam jauh je bunyi-tak sampai 5 minit pun naik bas kot). I have to be there early as I need to take the room key from a friend whom I will be staying with as she need to teach tuition after her Parenting class.

9:00pm-1am (4-10-2010)

After Isya' prayer, we went to pay a visit to the Convest Hill. A memorable place for me. Uhuk...as it suddenly rains heavily when we made to make only half round through the fest. Me? Trying to protect Encik Haytham (camera) in my petite yellow bag from the rain. Oh. Kamu selamat ya? Then we wait for under the SUKSIS tent while waiting for another friend to fetch the car.

Oh yes. Saw the MAfiNACT (where all the forces/ police volunteer teams played their musical instruments etc). Love the sound of the music, drums beats, horns and most of all...actions. Ok. Had only 5 minutes chance to witness them from a far...We then went to fetch another friend at the PUTRA LRT station before having a 'mini graduation dinner' at Melawati.

1:00am-2:30 am (03-10-2010)

Ironed the black jubah and cream tudung to be used for the big day. And also the robe and the hood. Maiza commented that I iron my clothes very fast. Eh? Is it? We also exchanged stories about our working life experiences.

THE DAY (03-10-2010)

5:45 am-7:45 am

Wake up for Subuh prayer, had my shower etc. Thanks to 'tuan bilik@ cameraman for the day'- Cik Zulaiha for preparing us breakfast while we get ready. Around 7:20, we walk to CAC. Thinking that we are already late. Putting on our robe at EDU Cafe and adjusting them all the way to the side of the waiting area. Mum texted me that she and abah is already in Gombak and entering IIUM. I can't wait to see the. Missed them so much.

(consequences with my Partner-in-Crime@ best friend, Kak Fizah before the ceremony)
ItalicEh...akak tak tau pun kena butang kat bahu ni...

Saying goodbye to my cameraman. Jumpa lepas keluar dewan

Muka masing-masing confused cari tempat nak line up
8:30 am

Procession enters the hall. Feels like a VIP ;) as it was the first time I had the chance to walk on a red carpet. Had the chance to met my fellow classmate. Ya Allah. Thank you for all the ni'mat and blessings you've bestowed upon us.

9:00 am-12 pm

The convocation session 3 began. The crowd was...Masya Allah. Almost 95% I bet was HS students and the rest are graduates from the Kuliyyah of Nursing.

Just when the graduands of Psychology was to get ready, mum text me again "Mak kat atas bahagian tengah pakai tudung merah". When my turn comes, I felt like both of my feet was already trembling. Remembered the moment I received the award trophy for SPM and did not even looked at the presenter's face as I was too nervous. But this time, bowed a little and looked at the presenter's face to receive my scroll. Phew!!!
12 pm- 1pm

Alhamdulillah. I am now officially a graduate of IIUM. Ok. Now, looking for my mum, abah, and adik from the crowds. Meanwhile, when to the field in front of CAC to have some snapshots with my Psychology buddies. Congrats friends.

Dah rimas, maka topi pun hilang dari kepala..hihi. Siapa la tu kan?

After that, managed to find my family. At last (punya la ramai orang). Special thanks to mum especially as she is actually in the middle of conducting training for PETRONAS and took half day off to witness my important day. She and and abah later rushed back to Bangi as her trainings continued at 2:00pm.

The two important persons behind my success

The 12 roses gift from them.

Special guest for the day? My 3 1/2 year Mahallah Asiah roomate, Syieda. Missed the moments of making tuna sandwich toast (our staple food), strawberry tea, watching movies on our laptops and the best is...I learn a few Urban Planning things from her. Praying for her success as she got some more project papers to finish.

With kangaroo gift from Syieda
Ada kat bilik baca buku serious macam ni? Kami sahaja yang tahu..owh

Then, after mama and abah went back, my grandma, aunty and cousins from Shah Alam came. Another surprise gift.

Taking back the gifts that I received. Thanks all.

This is not the end of journey but the beginning of the new life. Life Spiderman's uncle said: With great power, comes great responsibilities. Now, am a teacher. I am not only to teach my fellow students but also to teach my self to be a better person always.

Allah Knows Best.

4 comments:

TheHumbleWayfarer said...

Assalamu'alaikum:

Congrats again ! Wow. seronok je dlm gmbar ni. So sorry that I didn't reply ur text on that day. You know what, my inbox was full and I had so many ppl calling me. so sad that I was not able to meet many of my friends =(
Only met some of them.

my mak and ayah was also sesat on that day after we went out of the hall. I had to look for them for almost 15 minutes ! It was like sandwich outside the hall

Alhamdulillah. everthing ended well. As I said in my post, it was really double happiness.wish me the best in my life ya!

Humaira Xai said...

Insya Allah akh.

Don't give up and never loose hope.

Unknown said...

Bravo Bravo Bravo

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.