Menghitung hari

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Randoms...

Bismillahirahmanirahim…

It’s been a while since I wrote something in this page. I’ve been a week in Waterfront Kuala Terengganu accompanying mum conducting a course there. Alhamdulillah as I gained a lot of experiences while being in other people’s place.

Food. Ok. I know I am bit into foods but really…the choices in Terengganu are really wonderful. With their famous keropok lekor and keropok keping, sagun, all kinds of dipping sauces and sweets. Visited the Pasar Payang on the second day there and received a memorable remark by a makcik there: Adik, cuti skoloh ka?. Err…do I look too young. Haha. No la kan. Why would the makcik think that I am still schooling when wife-hood and mummy-hood is just few years away?

Business. As to my observation, there are a numbers of jewelry shops around there. Every few steps you take, you are sure to meet at least one. Choosing other stuffs such as batik apparels and pieces should be done carefully as different shops selling the same product with different price range. Saw two interesting signboards and took me minutes to figure out what they meant actually (my Terengganu vocabulary are disaster): Roti Tempayang and Jeput Pisang which later I discover there are actually: Roti Tempayan (Roti Naan) and Jemput Pisang (or Cekodok). Lessons learnt: Learn others’ language before entering their territory ; p.

Places of Interest. I went to Pulau Wan Man or Taman Tamadun Islam where it houses the Crystal Mosque and other 20 replicas of mosques around the world but unfortunately, I did not really enter the vicinity of the interesting replicas for a closer look as it was around 12 noon and the sun was high in the sky. However, I got the chance to glance at few of them through the gate. They are really, really beautiful and should make the place a must visit place the next time I go there one day, Insya Allah.

Allah Knows Best…

1 comment:

TheHumbleWayfarer said...

InsyaAllah, you'll learn a lot from whatever you are encountering now. anyway. Ramadhan Kareem !! ^_^