Menghitung hari

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Of Kuih Tart, Sewing, Life and Patience

Bismillahirahmanirahim...

1- Kuih Tart.

Kuih tart is one of my favourite 'kuih raya' besides popia mini. Could eat a jar (aigooo) while ignoring other cookies available on the table.

But I guess now it is not only limited during eid or Chinese New Year. As a solution to my love towards the cookie, I decided to try my hand in making it.

mini traffic light tarts- I guess

The process of baking is quite tedious, though. At first, I have to divide the dough into three parts. Each for three different colours- for the sake of little fun and happiness. Then, the stage of rolling the dough into small balls- not bigger than the size of keys on your laptop's keyboard- 1.5cm. After that, the step of stuffing the pineapple jam and rolling back the dough.Almost 1 1/2 hours. Luckily, the baking process doesn't take that much time. Only 12 minutes/ 180 Celsius for each batch.

It really tested my patience... something to learn and develop this virtue in myself.

But it's worth it. Alhamdulillah. Now I have the access to Kuih Tart whenever I want (^^,).

2. Sewing.


I like to sew. Arts and craft, to be exact. A bit slow when it comes to baju kurung. I remembered there's Sewing Class during my days in primary school (IIC-Adni). Teacher Asfalaila was the instructor back than. She taught us how to make applique (like patch work), blanket sticth and cross stitch. And now thanks a lot to my dearest mum for letting us (me & sister) to sometimes 'abuse' her sewing machine. During the previous 1 week school break, I 'buried' myself into this cross-stitch project. A bunch of purple flowers. 60% of completion. Dealing with 24 different colours of thread for this particular project...is fun.

3. Books.

Apart from sewing and cooking, I tried to read some books during the break. Found some old novel ( Serious Malay Literature- not that 'geli-geli' type) that abah bought years ago.

Went for groccery shopping with mama at Alamanda Putrajaya and there, MPH Bookstore hosted a warehouse sale in the concourse area. Their premise is currently under renovation. Treat myself with 3 new books. Alhamdulillah. Semoga koleksi buku yang ada dapat di wariskan dan dimanfaatkan oleh generasiku nanti...

4. Poetry

I hate writing. I hate seeing my own writings, actually. Besau =). I observed someone's writing in the person's book that is in my room at home. So kecik. Kadang jelous tengok tulisan orang yang kecil-kecik (lala). Tapi Alhamdulillah masih diberi kekuatan untuk menulis.

Had a chat with my best friend, Nurul. Over our online conversation, I typed a phrase of thought. Quite spontaneous.

''Usah kau bertanya mengapa ku bersedih. Usah kau soal mengapa ku menangis. Usah kau runsing mengapa ku berdiam. Kerana segala jawaban akan ku simpan erat menjadi sebuah rahsia..."

Ups and downs of life are sometimes too beautiful. Never mourn at a pouring heavy rain as who knows...it might gave you rainbows and sunshine.

Never compiled what I wrote. Its thrown everywhere...ahaaa (^^,)

Allah Knows Best.


No comments: