Menghitung hari

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

From classroom to motherhood

Bismillahirahmanirahim...

1 week countdown to eid. Owh...and it means, only 1 week left for Ramadhan. Thinking and praying...about the chances of meeting Ramadhan again in the year 1432H?

Chapter I (Student's world)

My students in one of the class asked me to sing them a song (after I accidentally sang instead of getting angry at them). Uhuh...I can't exactly remember what song and the kid told me "Muallimah...nyanyilah lagu IKAN DUYUNG lagi'' (malu x2).

To fulfill their wishes, I tried really hard to find a suitable tune and songs. As I explore You Tube, found a really good Qur'anic recitation by Sheikh Mishary and hope to give my Qur'an class to listen to it. For my Science and Tasawur Islami class...am still searching for a suitable educating and Islamic songs.

Colouring...this is really, really fun. I 'accidentally' found 4 (I repeat...EMPAT) colouring books during my recent 'visit' to the bookstore. 3 of them are in dictionary form (malay-english-chinese) with pictures according to theme to colour and another one contains about 10-15 pictures of fruits. Along with that, I bought a box of 24 Faber Castell colour pencils and wax crayons to replace my old sets... Hehe. Patutlah budak-budak suka sangat nak mewarna. Best rupanya.

This is what you have to do- explore the children world by experiencing them on your own.

Chapter II (motherhood)

Today's activity during the weekly teacher's usrah with my supervisor and fellow friends is paying a visit to one of the teachers who recently gave birth. The happiest moment was when I had the chance to hold the baby on my lap and a teacher commented " Mairah dah ada bakat. Boleh dah ni.." (opps).

My mak long, in her advice during my cousin's wedding last May said that " Hormat suami, ikut cakap dia (as long as it is in line with the Syari'ah rulings) etc. Senang bila nak bersalin nanti". I think it is not only when you are giving birth but also when Allah SWT call you back (death). My mak long was a hospital birth registrar and I am sure she had witnessed hundreds of different deliveries, with different conditions and situations.

The recent school i'tiqaf had taught me lot about the sacrifice of a mother. As we staffs were allowed to bring our family members to the programme, teachers with small kids and babies faced the greatest challenge.
But it is one of the way to familiarize children with the mosque's environment. Mommies could not sleep until their babies are sleeping and have to wake up in the middle of the night should they cried and ask for milk. Sleeping soundly is also a no-no when you are already a mommy as you have to be alert to what is happening in the environment.

Would I be a good wife to my other half one day? Would I be a good mommy to my kids in the future?

p/s: Anak-anak, sila mewarna dengan mama. Abah pun pening nanti tgk.Haha.

Ya Allah...help us in searching for truth...

Allah Knows Best



No comments: