Menghitung hari

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 29, 2011

What I've done...as a 'housewife'?!

Bismillahirahmanirahim...

Its already about 1 month and 1 week since I have became a 'housewife'. Some people asked me 'What did you do at home?'. Let me think...what I've done during this period:

1- Gardening:

Alhamdulillah. The seedlings that I sowed earlier this month showed a good progress. Namely: kacang panjang, kacang buncis, kacang botol, timun jepun, daun ketumbar and bayam. The late bloomer... daun ketumbar. The herb that we usually put in tomyam and as garnish in other dishes. I almost gave up when I see that the pot didn't show any progress when other seeds had grown into young plants in the average of 4-5 cm each.

'Maybe its due to the hot scorching days..'. I said to myself. But I still water the pot in the hope to see some green leaves to show some day. Yeay! At last..there's little green leaves sprouting. See? Never give up. Even with plants.

2- Cross -stitch:

Mummy bought me 2 cross- stitch patterns from her trip to Sarawak few month ago and I've already finished working on both of them.

#1 Project: The purple flower.
#2: Buah delima. Masa ni tengah in the making...as I ran out of 2 colours of threads.

La ni, tengah fikir-fikir, apa nak buat dengan kedua-dua hasil jahitan tersebut. Haruskan di 'frame' kan atau dijadikan sebahagian hasil kerja kraftangan yang lain?

3- Bead- it. Errr...beading:

Am now working on my 3rd clothing. The process of 'refurbishing' the clothes that I have with tiny little colourful beads. Nasiblah nampak macam mak datin ke apa kan... =)

Beading # 1: For my favourite black jubah. Hiraukan kain bunga- bunga sebelah tu. Tu skirt...

Beading # 2: Purple jubah that Makcik Norli bought for me during her umrah recently.

Beading # 3: One of my baju kurung. Still working on it.

4- Some sewing projects:

Alang- alang rumah baru ni sepelaung (tak la sangat) dari pekan Nilai 3 yang ada jual banyak kain, maka, saya pun ambil peluang cari kain yang sesuai untuk dijadikan sebagai bahan jahitan.

The stash of materials. Worked on the blue coloured cloth- tote bag and pencil case. The other 3, simpan dulu.

5- Baby sitting.

This week, I had to baby-sit my 6 years old cousin, Sasha in Subang Jaya. My aunt, a Human Resource (HR) Consultant had some work to be done so, I take the responsibility to look after the little girl. Among the things that we've done together are: Watch cartoon (Mr Bean, Tom & Jerry---terpaksalah layan), some drawings and art stuff and puzzles.

*****

This is my first break since finishing my SPM examination in 2004. Why? As after SPM is over, I worked as a teacher at a school here in Bangi. Then, when university's semester break arrived, there's always things that I need to attend to.3 month more before going back to study life, Insya Allah.

I had the chance to get to know my parents better. Well, there are still things that we didn't know/ aware about them and its a wonderful experience. Abah denoted that I am a bit manja, so, this is the moment to cherish. Tagging along the two wonderful people. Thanks ma and abah for taking care of me (and sister) until this moment.

Allah Knows Best


No comments: